- Erling Haaland has scored 9 goals in 5 Premier League games for Manchester City so far.
- Haaland’s hat-trick against Nottingham Forest was his second straight of the season.
- The Norwegian has been backed by many to score the most Premier League goalscoring record.
In just his first 5 games in the English top flight, Haaland has 9 goals to his name. 6 of those 9 goals were scored by a hat-trick. In fact, there are rumors in the English media that the rival teams’ managers are calling each other to find a way to stop the striker from scoring for free.
Whether it’s pace, ball control, strength or finishing ability, Haaland has pretty much every trait one needs in a classic No.9. As Haaland struck three times in the opening 38 minutes against Forest, he broke a few Premier League records.
Haaland’s record scores second consecutive hat-trick as City thrash Forest 6-0; Arsenal take another win
DFB-Pokal: Mane scores again as Bayern Munich dispatch third-tier German Cup opponents Viktoria Koln 0-5
- Erling has scored nine goals in five Premier League appearances, which is a new competitive record. He exceeded
Mick Quinnand Sergio Agüero who had both scored 8 goals each in their first 5 games.
- Haaland, 22, scored 9 goals in August itself, breaking the record for goals scored that month.
- Until Haaland’s hat-trick against Forest, no one had scored two Premier League hat-tricks in less than 21 appearances. The Manchester City man did it in five.
In fact, Haaland took only 101 football touches to score his 9 goals. The numbers explain that the striker doesn’t even need a lot of possession to break free.
“Sergio [Aguero] is the legend. No one can break the position in the hearts of #ManCity fans, scoring the most important goal in modern history. Erling [Haaland] has the quality of being there. What Sergio has done is incredible. But Erling has that talent,” he added.
Before Haaland joined Manchester City, Alan Shearer said the Norwegian would score 40 goals in the Premier League campaign if he joined Cityzens. With only 5 games left, Haaland is close to completing a quarter of that record.